T436 - Fall
2012 - Week 12
- Blogs -& crew critique - Several have slacked off with these.
- Production meeting
- Quiz today (except Eumi)
- Look at rough cuts on Wed
The end of the semester is nearly upon us. This week and next are the last chances to shoot anything. All shorts must be completed
by the Monday following Thanksgiving. We'll look at what we have this week and next
Monday, a week from today (11/12). The week following Thanksgiving (11/28)
I'm inviting Jon Vickers, John Walsh, Brent Molnar, Steve Krahnke, and Susan Kelly
to come in and give some feedback.
What remains to be done:
- Finish productions & turn in Production Books.
- For each production we need:
- Final script or treatment (Please put these in the "Final Scripts/Treatments" folder in Oncourse.)
- Talent releases (incompletes given until these are turned in)
- License releases for any non-licensed music
- Finished (broadcast safe) ProRes 1080i 29.97 (HQ or 4:2:2) Quicktime file
- Precise running time (min, sec, & frames)
- Short 1-2 sentence description for TV Guide & IU Cinema programs
- Word doc of the audio dialog/elements for closed
captioning. Please put these in the "Final Stories CC Scripts" folder in the Resources section of Oncourse
- Select final shorts for the TV show (not all will make the cut)
- Final Exam - earlier?
Shoot Host intro and segues for the various shorts? We used to do this but I didn't the last few years since it wasn't necessary. Since the quaility
of the shorts and whether we're using them has yet to be determined,
production of the segues poses logistical challenges.
Plan wrap party
In reviewing roughs, consider what will make the story clearer. What
will make it better technically or aesthetically? Last year we improved
some by adding addionnal shots (establishing, connecting, cutaways, etc.)
Final Review Session
We'll be review all of the final finished shorts the
week after Thanksgiving. We'll have some special guests in to help review
and critique. Everyone will be asked to submit a Critical Evaluation
of all of the programs. See the website for details.
Back up to the T436 index