Indiana University Department of Telecommunications offers introductory, intermediate, and advanced production courses. Because of high demand and limited enrollment, acceptance into the video related advanced production classes is achieved through an on-line application process.
Students wishing to take advanced 400-level production classes must fill out an application in order to gain admittance. Please note that all required prerequisites must be met, and that admittance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Students will be notified of their admittance, and then can register at their appointed time using IU's registration system.
For a complete list of design and production courses visit our Design & Production Track page.
NOTE: The deadline to apply for 400-level Fall 2014 advanced production courses was 12PM (noon), Wednesday March 26th. Students can still fill out a late application but please note that WTIU will NOT accept late applicants for T437.
400-level Late Production Application Notes & Instructions:
- Carefully read these instructions and the course info pages before completing your application.
- You must provide accurate information. Intentionally providing incorrect information will result in your application being rejected and is a possible violation of the Student Code of Ethics.
- Only submit one 400-level application. Multiple applications will be discarded! However, you may be approved for up to three classes, which would be your first, second & third choices.
- Admission to advanced production courses is competitive. Not every applicant can be assured of admission. Acceptance to these courses is based on :
- Submission of the completed application before the deadline.
- Academic performance.
- A positive recommendation from other production faculty and lab instructors.
- Once you are authorized to register for a class, you must do so during your normal registration period. If you don't register during this time, your seat may be given to another student.
- You can check your authorizations through the on-line registration system.
Fall 2014 400 Level (video-related) Production Classes (follow the links in red to the information pages):
- T436 (16599) Advanced Production Workshop: Advanced Cinematography / John Walsh
9:00AM – 12:00PM MW / TV 127
- T436 (17415) IU Sports / Jo Throckmorton
6:00PM – 10:00PM M / TV 127
- T436 (33695) Advanced Production Workshop: Trans Media Storytelling / Robby Benson & Susan Kelly
NOTE: This class is part 1 of a 2-course sequence. Part 2 will be held in Spring 2015.
9.00AM – 12.00PM T / TV 180
9.00AM – 12.00PM F / TV 127
- T437 (14203) WTIU Production Workshop (RTV Services)
NOTE: 5 different versions are being offered. Students may only apply to one area. Late applications will not be accepted:
- Documentary: Production Assistant/Coordinator/Researcher
- The Weekly Special: Production Assistant
- Children’s Programming (The Friday Zone): Production Assistant/Assistant Editor
- WFIU/WTIU News: Videographer/Editor/Production Assistant
- Integrated Media (website / social media)
- T452 (14334) Topical Seminar in D&P: Advanced Video Game Design and Production / Ted Castronova
9:00AM – 12:00PM T / TV 250
- T452 (19589) Topical Seminar in D&P: Stereoscopic Digital Production / Chris Eller
5:30PM – 10:30PM M / TV 157
link to the Fall 2014 400-level Late Production Application <----------
Questions about the application process can be directed to Jim Krause 856-2172.