Undergraduate Program | T436: Advanced Production Workshop
Topic: IU Sports Production
Instructor: Jo Throckmorton
Up to 3 credit hours
Prerequisites: T206, T283, T351 or T356, AND permission of the instructor.
MEETING DAY/TIME: Monday, 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm.
IU Sports Production is a field production course focused on IU sports-focused projects. While each semester is different, past classes have included:
1. Master Class with Angelo Pizzo (the scriptwriter of Hoosiers)
2. Seminar with Academy Award Nominated Cinematographer Jack Green (40-Year Old Virgin, Hot Tub Time Machine, Unforgiven)
3. Opportunities to work on-set (some positions paid) on regional & national TV commercials
Each student is required to produce at least one on-location segment piece on time and meeting exacting production standards as assigned by instructor. Segment production teams will be assigned to duties throughout each week not to exceed 4 hours of class time. While each semester is different, past classes have produced the following videos:
1. Game Day: a look at IU Football
2. A Winning Legacy: The family connections and success of IU Men’s Soccer
3. IU Baseball: A facilities tour of the new baseball facility
4. Get Ready: Opening video for the IU Women’s Basketball program at Hoosier Hysteria
In all aspects of the field production we will be working closely with IU Athletics and have access to teams and facilities in order to produce commercial/industry quality video productions which will be used by IU Athletics to promote ticket sales and program activities.
The instructor is Jo Throckmorton (The Kevin Wilson Show, The Tom Crean Show, WCPO-TV broadcast director). If you're interested, send Jo a note today: firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume, including TC course experiences, and he'll contact you. With his permission, you'll be able to
enroll in T436 (section 32536) for up to 3 credits. This is a great opportunity for you to show what you can do – and for you to get experience working on industry-standard programs. For more information, contact Jo Throckmorton (email@example.com).