Final Dress Rehearsals - Student Handbook
Lee Norvelle Theatre and Drama Center (LNTDC)
Invited Audience Dress Rehearsal Information
Each production will have an invited audience for its final dress rehearsal.
Purpose: The invited dress rehearsal has three purposes:
- Provide audience response for the cast prior to the paid opening of the show.
- Serve as an audience development outreach event to network organizations that represent potential group sales and cultivate future audience outreach.
- Cultivate good will and exposure with campus organizations.
Preview audience limit: We may limit attendance to approximately 200 depending upon the needs of the production. Depending upon circumstances, we may change this limit.
Who will be invited:
Audience development will invite
- Resident assistants, members of residence hall student government, and officers from fraternities and sororities.
- High School drama teachers and principals, Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center faculty and staff, IU Auditorium staff, and College of Arts and Sciences Dept Chairs.
- Based on particular circumstances other groups may be added to this list.
Production Team and others:
- Each Director will be provided a block of 25 tickets.
- The Production Manager will have 10 tickets for production use (i.e. thanks to people loaning props or costumes).
- The Cast and Design Team will have a block of tickets, the number of which is based on 2 seats per person. This group includes (but may change based on the particular production staffing): the Cast, Scenic Designer, Costume Designer, Lighting Designer, Movement, Voice, Musical Director, Assistant Director, Stage Manager, Assistant Stage Manager(s). Audience Development will print tickets in advance and present them to the stage manager for distribution.
- Production staff and crews who attend for normal rehearsal purposes do not need tickets.
- Audience Development will send an e-mail invitation to those lists in a, b, and c, above. To attend the invitee needs to print the e-mail and present it as a ticket
- The Director, Cast, and Design Team need to provide a ticket, prepared by Audience Development, to their invitees. These tickets will be available approximately one week prior to the final dress rehearsal.
The Lee Norvelle Theatre and Drama Center House Manager and Assistant House Manager will work the final dress rehearsal.
As needed the House Manager may recruit up to 4 ushers for assistance.
We will rope off (method to be determined by House Manager in conjunction with Production Manager) areas not to be used by the invited audience. The House Manager will need to coordinate any special instructions with the Director (like the particular area of the house the director would like to dedicate to the production team).
We will provide information to the invited audience that they are attending a dress rehearsal including a warning that it may be necessary to stop the run.
Programs will be provided if available in sufficient quantity.