Non IU Employee Travel
Non-employee travel is paid one of three ways:
- To an individual
- To a vendor
- By documentation of a payment to a Designated Travel Agency. Payments are all initiated through the Disbursement Voucher in the KFS.
Training for the Disbursement Voucher is scheduled through:
- Financial Management Support (812) 855-0375
- IUPUI's Accounting Department (317) 274-7666
- FMS's web site
Listed below are some policies that need to be followed when processing these claims.
Please Note: IU Employees are not to pay for non-IU employees travel expenses. All expenses should be handled as described below.
- The disbursement voucher is limited to one Payee. Saving the document to an in-box creates a KFS document number. This document number can be given to:
- Designated Travel Agencies, when making plane reservations
- A limousine service, when requesting transportation to the airport, or room charges.
- The hotels that participate in this billing method are listed here:
The Canterbury Hotel
- 123 S. Illinois Street
- Indianapolis, IN 46225
- (317) 634-3000
Courtyard by Marriott
- 310 S. College Avenue
- Bloomington, IN 47403
- (812) 335-8000
Grant Street Inn
- 310 N. Grant Street
- Bloomington, IN 47408
- (812) 334-2353
University Plaza Hotel
- 1710 Kinser Pike
- Bloomington, IN 47404
- (812) 334-3252
University Place Conference Center & Hotel
- 850 W. Michigan Street
- Indianapolis, IN 46202
- (317) 269-9000
- The traveler must complete a W9 form (or if the traveler is a non-resident alien, contact the FMS Tax Department to see what documentation is required).
- Have the traveler sign the Payee Certification Document (PDF).
- Collect all the original receipts from the traveler.
- Open an KFS disbursement voucher document.
- The ‘Payee’ should be listed as either the non-employee or the vendor; whoever should receive the reimbursement.
- Choose ‘Non-employee Reimbursement’ for the Description field in the KFS disbursement voucher.
- Choose ‘Travel Payment for Non-Employee’ for the Payment Reason field in the KFS disbursement voucher.
- Choose ‘Travel Management Services’ for the Document Location.
- The Contact Name and Phone Number fields should be the person who can answer questions regarding the disbursement voucher.
- Indicate if the payment is to be made in foreign currency.
- If you have a registration form which must be mailed with the check, flag the check box entitled Attachment in the KFS disbursement voucher. This notifies Travel Management Services' personnel to include the form with the check. The form should then be mailed to Travel Management Services.
- Use the object code 4089 in the KFS disbursement voucher.
- Mail to Travel Management Services the following items:
- Approved disbursement voucher (including the DV coversheet)
- Payee Certification Document
- All the original receipts
Contact Office of Financial Management Services to see if any other forms are required in order for this traveler's reimbursement to be processed.
The lodging vendor should mail their invoice to the department that is initiating the request for payment through a disbursement voucher. “Classic Touch” and “Bloomington Shuttle” should direct bill to Travel Management Services.
When the department receives the itemized lodging receipt, write the DV number (for the non-employee) and the account number on the hotel bill. Please send the hotel bill to Travel Management Services. Travel Management will then send the payment to the hotel.