Indiana University


Management Services

For Single Use Account credit cards, Vendor Payments, and Advances, please see Prepaid Expenses.

Hotel Online Reservations

Get Started with

In an effort to better serve its employees, the university has teamed with to offer travelers a convenient, cost-effective means of booking hotel reservations. You no longer have to personally incur hotel expenses and request reimbursement after your trip. By using for university business travel, you can charge hotel expenses to an IU departmental account using a Trip Number for employee travel, or a Disbursement Voucher number for non-employee travel.

Charges for the prepaid hotel expense will appear in the "Reconciled Expenses" section of Travel Authorization TEM document.

Please note: If personal time is involved during your business travel, you will need to charge your hotel expense to a personal credit card and submit receipts to be reimbursed after your trip. You will not be able to use the IU program.

If reservations must be canceled, it is the responsibility of the traveler and the fiscal officer to make sure that the cancellation is made in advance so that "no show" charges are not incurred.

How to use

Employee Travel Instructions
Before your trip:
  1. Create a new Travel Authorization Document in TEM, and route it for approval. For instructions on creating a Travel Authorization visit TODD under "I am a Traveler".
  2. If you have not already done so, establish an account with IU Click the Sign Up button to begin.
  3. Once the Travel Authorization Document is in FINAL status, a TEM Doc # will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the document. Scroll to the bottom of the page and open the 'Agency Links' tab. Click on the link. For assistance with searching for your Travel Authorization document visit TODD under "How to Search for Trips".
  4. Use your TEM Doc # and department account number to reserve your hotel room through IU
  5. Print two copies of the reservation confirmation; one for your records and one to submit along with the supporting documentation on your Travel Reimbursement document if you are claiming Per Diem.
After your trip:
  1. If you are claiming reimbursement for expenses incurred while on business travel, you will need to enter your expenses on a reimbursement created from the same Travel Authorization document you created for your direct-billed expenses. Instructions for accessing a Travel Authorization document and requesting reimbursement are provided on TODD.
  2. If you are requesting Per Diem, you must provide proof of lodging. Submit your reservation confirmation along with the supporting documentation on your Travel Reimbursement document.
Non-Employee Travel Instructions
  1. Check to see if the traveler is already a vendor in KFS by using the Vendor tool on the Kuali Enterprise Dashboard. If they are not a vendor, you will need to submit documentation to set them up. You can find instructions for how to create a vendor in the Vendor Creation Guide on the FMS Accounts Payable website. Questions on vendor creation should be directed to FMS Accounts Payable.
  2. Once the traveler is a vendor, create a Disbursement Voucher (DV) in KFS in the non-employee's name and save it to your Inbox. This generates a DV number that you will need tomake the hotel reservation through IU if an IU account is funding the trip. Click here for instructions on creating a Disbursement Voucher for nonemployee travel.
  3. If you have not already done so, establish an account with IU Click the Sign Up button to begin.
  4. Once your account is established you can use the non-employee Disbursement Voucher number and departmental account number to make the hotel reservation.

Home | Traveling | Discounts | Policies | Resources | About | Contact

Travel Management Services

400 East 7th Street Poplars 613 Bloomington, Indiana 47405

Phone: 812.855.2873 · Fax: 812.855.8866