Limousines, Shuttles, and Taxis
Please note: Travel to and from the Indianapolis Airport is the only circumstance where a limousine service is regularly approved.
The limousine service only requires an account number, the department code and the Trip Number (or the non-employee KFS number) is all that is required by the department to initiate payment. It is appropriate to include a $10 tip (this will cover the tip for roundtrip), the tip can be added to the amount that will be charged to the account. If the tip is going to be added to the department's bill, be sure to inform the traveler.
Requesting a private limousine and the additional costs associated with a private service is not compensated by IU.
- Bloomington: (812) 339-7269 Indianapolis: (317) 244-4444.
- Indianapolis rates are $50 each way including gratuity from IUPUI campus to the Indianapolis airport. These rates are only applicable if the charge is direct billed to IU.
- Current IU approved rates are $67 one way and $122 round trip for a shared ride. These rates are only applicable if the charge is direct billed to IU. Please note: Classic Touch rates include gratuity.
- Make reservations by phone or by email to email@example.com. When making reservations, you will need to provide the traveler's Trip ID number (for IU faculty, staff or student travelers) or a Disbursement Voucher number (for non-employee travelers). The department account number is also required.
- A 10% discount on standard rates is offered to IU faculty and staff for personal travel.
- At the airport: Follow the signs to the Ground Transportation Center located across from Baggage Claim. The Classic Touch booth is to the left across from Hertz Car Rental. Check in with Classic Touch by notifying the booth attendant or by picking up the white courtesy phone.
- If a passenger is delayed or misses a flight, contact Classic Touch at 1-800-319-0082 to reschedule and avoid cancellation fees.
Embarque (formerly Carey Limousine)
Carey/Embarque is discontinuing the shared-ride limo service for transportation between the Indianapolis airport and downtown Indianapolis/IUPUI campus locations effective July 15, 2015. After July 15th, travelers will pay out of pocket and be reimbursed for limo services provided by Carey/Embarque. IU will no longer have a direct bill relationship with this vendor.
Please note that the maximum allowances for reimbursement for airport limo transportation are as follows:
Approved rates (gratuity included):
- IUPUI campus to Indianapolis Airport: $30 one-way
- IUB campus to Indianapolis Airport: $67 one-way or $122 round trip
For information regarding additional limousine vendors that offer shared ride services for airport transportation, please visit the Travel Management Services website here.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elite Limousine, LLC
- To make reservations, please call: (877) 546-6852 or (812) 277-8773. When making reservations, you will need to provide the traveler's Trip ID number (for IU faculty, staff or student travelers) or a Disbursement Voucher number (for non-employee travelers). The department account number is also required.
- Reservations may also be made via email at email@example.com
- Shared Ride Rates: $67 one way and $122 round trip (Must have minimum of 2 passengers to qualify for shared ride. Arrangements can be made through Elite Limousine, LLC)
- Private Ride Rates: $129 one way and $249 round trip (Private limousine service is not compensated by Indiana University. Any additional cost associated with this type of service is the responsibility of the passenger.)
- Please contact Elite Limousine, LLC in the event of a delayed or missed flight.
- For more information about Elite Limousine, LLC go to www.elitelimollc.com or at Elite Limousine LLC on Facebook.
- Go Express Travel operates the Campus Commute shuttle service for travel between the IU Bloomington and IUPUI campuses. This intercampus
shuttle will make four trips from each campus Monday through Friday. For more information regarding schedules, amenities, FAQ’s, pickup
and drop off locations, etc. see the Campus Commute website at http://www.campuscommute.com/. It is recommended that you purchase a single ticket (two for round trip)
as needed using the coupon code for IU business travel, which is available to IU Faculty and Staff
Using the coupon code gives you
the same discounted price per ticket as purchasing the ride card, but allows for immediate reimbursement.
Go Express Travel
- Contact Go Express Travel by phone at (812) 332-6004 or (800) 589-6004.
- Current IU approved rates for shared sedan service from Bloomington to the Indianapolis airport are $65 one way and $122 round trip.
Please note: these rates include gratuity.
- Go Express Travel also offers an airport shuttle service from Bloomington to the Indianapolis airport at a cost of $20 each way. Tickets for the shuttle can be purchased online at www.bloomingtonshuttle.com or at ticket kiosks at each pickup locations. Call Go Express Travel for a list of locations.
Note: Shuttle tickets purchased online are $15 one way. The traveler must have a printed receipt to present to the shuttle driver.
Reimbursement for taxi expense to the closest airport is paid from the traveler's official work location, not their home; unless their home is closer to the airport.
Original receipts are required for reimbursement of taxi expense. The traveler must collect a taxi receipt whenever possible. If the receipt cannot be obtained, provide an explanation in the Exception to Policy field when adding the taxi expense to the Travel@IU system. Taxi expense to and from restaurants is not reimbursable unless stated in the Exception to Policy field on the reimbursement document in Travel@IU that the meal was for business purposes.
Several Indianapolis taxi services provide a special rate to IU employees for transportation to the Indianapolis airport. Therefore, the reimbursement for IUPUI employees to the Indianapolis airport is capped at $35 one way.