Management Services

Enterprise Campus Rental Reservations

Get Started with Enterprise Campus Rental

The Enterprise Campus Rental program allows travelers to charge their rental car expense to the IU rental car credit card rather than personally incurring the expense to be reimbursed after the trip. If the trip is originating within Indiana and the traveler is on university business, then the expense can be charged directly to an IU departmental account through the steps defined below.

If your trip is originating outside of Indiana, you will not be able to charge the car rental expense to the University. It will need to be charged to the traveler's personal credit card and reimbursed after the trip. To make an Enterprise reservation originating outside the state of Indiana, simply use the public Enterprise website.

If personal time is involved during business travel, the traveler will need to charge the rental car expense to a personal credit card and then submit receipts to be reimbursed after their trip. He or she can use the following link to secure an Enterprise rental car: Reservations for Personal Use.

Please note: The discount code for reservations outside of Indiana and for personal travel is XZ08038. Enter this on the Enterprise website to receive the IU discount and applicable insurance coverage

Charges for the Enterprise Campus Rental will appear under the prepaid by IU section on the check stub and on the Travel@IU trip document. Fuel expenses must be claimed on the reimbursement document through Travel@IU.

Travel Instructions

Before your trip
  1. Create a new trip in Travel@IU. Satisfy all required fields, and be sure to select Enterprise Campus Rental as the method of travel. When finished, route the trip document for approval.
  2. Locate the newly created trip document on the Travel Activity page, and open it by clicking View.
  3. Click the Enterprise Campus Rental link found at the bottom of the trip document. The Enterprise Campus Rental reservation site opens in its own window.
  4. Enter the required details on the Enterprise site to complete your reservation.
  5. Upon completion of the process, you will receive an Enterprise confirmation email. Print a copy of the email for your records.
Please note: View the Instate Prepayment Tutorial for more detailed information.

After your trip
  1. If you are claiming reimbursement for expenses incurred while on business travel, you will need to enter your expenses on the same Travel@IU trip document that you created prior to the trip. Instructions for accessing an existing trip and adding reimbursement expenses are provided in the Out-of-State Reimbursement Tutorial.
  2. You do not need to take any further steps to account for the rental car expense. The expense will be automatically added to the “Prepaid by IU Credit Card” section of the trip document, and charged directly to the account specified for the trip.

Approved Drivers


University policy requires that, as a condition for driving any vehicle on university business, drivers will give Indiana University authorization to conduct a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check and provide all information needed for conducting the check. Driving on university business will be prohibited if authorization to conduct a MVR check is not given.

Before driving for any trip, complete the Authorization Form for Motor Vehicle Records Check, found on IU's Office of Insurance, Loss Control & Claims website.

Home | Traveling | Discounts | Policies | Resources | About | Contact

News | Sitemap | FAQ

Travel Management Services

400 East 7th Street Poplars 613 Bloomington, Indiana 47405

Phone: 812.855.2873 · Fax: 812.855.8866