UD Mission Statement
University Division academic advisors partner with new students to support their successful transition to Indiana University Bloomington. We assist both new and continuing students as they work toward earning admission into the degree-granting program of their choice.
We as academic advisors encourage students to pursue a thoughtful exploration of academic options and introduce them to the tools they need to navigate the policies and procedures of a major university. Recognizing students as people with varied talents, interests, and backgrounds, we offer individualized guidance as students learn to develop educational plans that meet their personal and professional goals.
While academic concerns are our primary focus, we also provide support and advice regarding other issues that may affect a student’s academic success. In addition, University Division academic advisors serve as resources for students seeking to enrich their undergraduate experience with opportunities beyond the classroom.
Through the support we provide, students are better prepared to more fully experience the wide range of academic and co-curricular opportunities offered by IUB as they establish an educational foundation that will serve them well throughout their lives.
Learning Outcomes for University Division Students
By the end of your time in University Division we would like for you to be able to:
- Make informed decisions about your academic options at IUB.
- Develop learning and study skills that establish and support academic and personal success.
- Successfully navigate the rules, requirements, policies, and procedures of the University.
- Identify and make appropriate use of campus resources.
- Engage with a range of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular opportunities.
- Develop meaningful plans for your undergraduate education.
- Take increasing personal responsibility for your education.