Step 2: Explore Majors, Minors & Certificates
Arts & Sciences
Transfer and Intercampus Transfer Issues
Transfer and intercampus transfer students are not guaranteed the availability of needed courses in the first term at IUB.
You will find many additional useful guides to assist you before you attend New Student Orientation at the University Division Academic Planning Tools website. As a transfer or intercampus transfer student, we have higher expectations for the amount of research and preparation you should do before you come to Bloomington. From this site, at the very least, we will expect you to have reviewed, read, reflected, and planned with:
- the Bulletin (to know the requirements of your intended school),
- the Program/Degree Planning Guide (to know which required courses you have already completed)
- the Sequence Map (to know how much you have left to complete, and in what order),
- the Credit Transfer Service (to verify how your courses will transfer, or have transferred, and articulated), and
- your Academic Advisement Report (to know how all of these details come together for your intended degree).
We expect you to attend your orientation academic advising conference very well-prepared and very well-informed. We expect you bring printed copies (with the exception of the Bulletin) of these materials with you to New Student Orientation in order to facilitate the most meaningful and useful academic advising conference.
If you have any questions before you come to Bloomington, please use your IU e-mail account to contact us at email@example.com.