Internships, Research Opportunities, and Similar Programs
NOTE: Law-related internship information and opportunities provided by IUB's Department of Political Science may be accessed by clicking HERE.
NOTE: Internships offered by the Washington Center may be accessed by clicking HERE.
- Both intern and volunteer positions available in a variety of fields/disciplines.
- Geared towards students who want to enter PhD programs in the biomedical sciences
- Program allows students to integrate engineering and molecular and cell biology
- Pipeline programs to prepare and inspire talented high school and college students to pursue careers in medicine and health-related research
- A global leader in challenge education and recreational therapy that offers unsurpassed experiences and opportunities in a wide range of positions.
- Indiana University School of Medicine offers many excellent research and internship programs for high school, pre-medical, and medical students.
- The IU Bloomington Career Development Center provides a variety of services including listing internships that are available.
- Offers various internships
Legal Aid Society (law)
- Notre Dame Legal Aid Clinic Contact Information:
c/o Deborah M. Cerullo, SSND
725 Howard Street
South Bend, IN 46617
Phone: (219) 631-8557
- Serving the needs of the poor to area residents
- Such clinics frequently need volunteers to help with services, even if they are not legally trained
- Website does not describe any such internships, but contacting the coordinator could open opportunities
- Offers volunteer and unpaid intern opportunities
- Can work as an animal care volunteer
- Program for students interested in combined MD/PhD training and interested in becoming a physician scientist
- Internship program for students who are concerned with eliminating health disparities
- Many programs are listed. Check for eligibility requirements.
- The BioMed Rap program is a summer program for exceptional students intersted in pursuing biomedical research careers.
- Various programs available, including summer clinical internships
New YorkCornell University School of Continuing Studies and Summer Programs: Summer Prelaw Program (law)
- Includes taking a law class (Socratic method) and a selective internship at a law firm or in the legal department of a corporation, government agency, or nonprofit organization
- Targeted towards students interested in an MD PhD program
- Targeted toward students who are interested in pursuing research careers as Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. candidates.
- Six credit traveling course studying issues in health policy and law in London, Amsterdam and Geneva
- Program provides research experience in the areas of cancer biology, neuroscience, plant biology, cell and molecular biology, genetics, macromolecular structure or bioinformatics.
- Open only to residents of Ohio or students attending an Ohio college or university
- Summer research fellowships in biomedical research for undergraduates
- An enrichment program that provides the opportunity for students from underrepresented groups to get exposure to clinical and research environments
District of Columbia
- Internships in public policy and non-profit leadership
- (Link provided on this site did not connect properly to Georgetown page.)
- Site says no prior course work is provided since extensive training is provided
- "Interview clients and witnesses, photograph and diagram crime scenes, serve subpoenas discuss case law and theories applicable to you cases."
provides and promotes quality legal representation to indigent adults and children facing a loss of liberty in the District of Columbia and thereby protects society’s interest in the fair administration of justice.
The Washington Center (law)
- Sponsored by the School of Public and Environmental Affairs.
- Consider a semester where you can continue to receive IU academic credit, live with IU students and take two courses taught by an IU SPEA professor while interning in one of the most exciting cities in the country, Washington, DC. You will have the opportunity to intern in a variety of interesting and challenging assignments in executive branch agencies, congressional offices, non-governmental, environmental and health organizations.
- This program seeks to increase the number of underrepresented students who pursue academic careers. The Summer Research Opportunities Program helps prepare undergraduate students for graduate study through intensive research experiences with faculty mentors and enrichment activities.
- "Student gateway to the US Government"
- Provides listing of internship opportunities
- Offers health related service-learning programs abroad
- Provides international health opportunities