University Human Resources
Graduate Medical Education | Medical Residents
Residents and their dependents have a choice between two dental care plans: Cigna Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO) and Cigna Preferred Provider Organization (PPO). You will be allowed to enroll in one of these plans at the beginning of your training. If you decide not to enroll, you must wait until the next open enrollment period to receive this benefit. Also, you may change plans only during open enrollment.
This program emphasizes diagnostic and preventive services and offers services and benefits through a limited network of participating dental locations. There is no coverage for out-of-network services. With the DHMO there are no deductibles or claim forms. You will receive services at no charge for x-rays, routine cleanings, topical fluoride, oral exams, and local anesthesia. All other procedures are covered at substantial savings to you.
This is a traditional plan that provides reimbursement for dental services from a network of participating providers, or at a lower benefit, outside the network from any licensed dentist of your choice. You are required to pay the dentist for normal charges and then file a claim for reimbursement. Under this program, you have an annual deductible of $50 for a single plan and $150 for a family plan. There is also an annual benefit maximum amount of $500 per person per plan year.
Things you can do…
- Download a PDF DHMO summary chart for information about services, copays, and deductibles.
- Download a PDF DPPO summary chart for information about services, copays, and deductibles.
- Contact Cigna customer service at 888-336-8258 or visit the Cigna Web site for questions about coverage, claims, and provider networks.
- Locate a network medical provider by consulting the Cigna Provider Directory.
- Cigna does not issue ID cards. To obtain a customized and printable ID card, visit my.cigna.com and create an online account.