Enroll in, Change, or Terminate Long Term Disability (LTD) Plan Insurance
All Indiana University Academic and Staff employees appointed 75% or greater FTE are eligible for the Long Term Disability (LTD) Plan. Please review the Long Term Disability Insurance Plan booklet (PDF) and choose a level of coverage. You may use the Premium Estimator to determine what your monthly premium will be.
- Initiation of plan participation made within 30 days of becoming an eligible employee can be processed by submitting a completed LTD enrollment/change/terminate form to your local campus Human Resources Office.
- Employees may terminate their LTD coverage at any time but future re-election of coverage is subject to Evidence of Insurability. Termination of coverage can be processed by submitting a completed LTD enrollment/change/terminate form to your local campus Human Resources Office.
Evidence of Insurability is required if:
- You are applying for insurance more than 30 days after first becoming eligible for it
- You are electing a new coverage option which provides a shorter benefit waiting period and/or the addition of the Annuity Contribution Benefit
- You previously terminated your LTD insurance and are now re-electing coverage
If your enrollment or change in coverage requires Evidence of Insurability, please attach a completed Medical History Statement form to your LTD enrollment/change/terminate form and mail both documents to Standard Insurance Company (address noted at the top left hand corner of the Medical History Statement) for review and determination of approval. Your coverage request will be processed after the University receives notification of approval from Standard Insurance.
Plan booklet (PDF)