Benefits Change Connection
If a participant terminates employment before age 55, no action is necessary. The participant's account will be automatically forfeited.
An eligible participant, who terminates employment with Indiana University after attaining age 55 while in active employee status, will become 100 percent vested in his or her IUSERP account.
Vested participants’ responsibilities upon termination of employment:
- Handle all transactions, including withdrawals and rollovers, directly with the investment company.
- Continue to direct the investment of the Plan account.
- Notify the investment company of any name/address change.
- Notify the investment company of any beneficiary change.
- Begin to receive minimum required distributions on or before
the required beginning date.