Choosing a Medical Plan
- There are no pre-existing condition limits or waiting periods. After enrolling, coverage is effective from the first day of eligibility.
- Services are comprehensive and include those that are traditionally covered by medical insurance: medical, prescription, behavioral health, transplants, durable medical equipment, home health care, skilled nursing, physical, occupational, and speech therapies, and chiropractic services.
- Each plan's out-of-pocket expenses vary, but the types of services covered under the plans are the same.
- Preventive services are covered at 100% when In-Network providers are used. Preventive services include contraceptive services and most birth control pills, physical exams, well-child visits, immunizations, lab tests (e.g., Pap, PSA, cholesterol), and other screening diagnostic services like mammograms and colonoscopies.
- Each plan has annual out-of-pocket maximums for individual and family levels. Once the maximum is met, the plan pays 100% for in-network covered services for the remainder of the year.
- There is no lifetime maximum benefit on medical services.
- All plans cover a routine "wellness" eye exam with no copay or deductible.
- Out-of-pocket expenses (deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurance)
- Residency requirements (IUHQP is only available on some counties)
- A unique tax-advantaged savings plan that is available to participants in the HDHP PPO & Health Savings Account
- Watch Benefits Briefs
- HDHP PPO & HSA Benefit Summary (PDF)
- IUHQP Benefit Summary (PDF)
- PPO $900 Deductible Benefit Summary (PDF)
- PPO $400 Deductible Benefit Summary (PDF)
Find prescription information on the Medco/Express Scripts web site
Medco/Express Scripts Preventive Drug List (PDF) – HDHP PPO Plan Only