Out-of-State and Overseas Coverage
HDHP PPO & HSA, PPO $900 Deductible, PPO $400 Deductible Plans
* See below for the IUHQP Plan.
With the BlueCard program, Anthem members can access care outside their Plan area with no additional paperwork or out-of-pocket expenses.
- There are no claim forms for members to file.
- Members are charged only normal out-of-pocket expenses (copay, coinsurance, non-covered services or deductible).
The Five Simple Steps
Members can access benefits when living or traveling outside Anthem states by following these easy procedures:
- Find a provider: Use the BlueCard Doctor & Hospital Finder at www.bcbs.com, or call the BlueCard access number on the member ID card (800) 810-BLUE.
- Call Anthem Member Services to verify coverage: call the number on the back of the ID card to obtain precertification for certain services.
- Visit a provider and present a Blue Cross and Blue Shield ID card: The Anthem ID card contains a three-letter alpha prefix specifically for each account's members (Indiana University's prefix is YRP). The provider verifies benefits and eligibility with a call to the national Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association's BlueCard office.
- The provider electronically files the claim with Anthem through the local Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plan.
- Anthem processes the claim. The provider is reimbursed and the member receives an Anthem EOB.
The IUHQP Plan offers coverage out of its area and overseas in cases of emergency and urgent care only. Such care is paid in-network and reimbursed by submitting the IUHQP medical claim form.