University Human Resources
The dental plan is available to all eligible Graduate Appointees, regardless of area of residence. Cigna Dental Health, Inc., is the plan administrator.
This is a traditional plan that provides reimbursement for dental services from a network of participating providers, or at a lower benefit, outside the network from any licensed dentist of your choice. You are required to pay the dentist for normal charges and then file a claim for reimbursement when an out of network provider is used.
Dental Plan Highlights
- Cigna Dental's national PPO network
- Annual Deductible of $25
- Annual Benefit Limit of $500
- Two routine cleanings/exams per calendar year covered at 100%
- Plan year begins each January; deductibles and benefit limit amounts restart annually on January 1st
*Premiums for qualifying Graduate Appointees are fully paid by the University.
**Dependent premium rates are paid for by the Graduate Appointee on a monthly basis to University Human Resources. See the Eligibility and Enrollment Guidelines to verify if your dependent qualifies.
Things you can do…
- Download a PDF of the DPPO summary chart (PDF) for information about services, copays, and deductibles.
- Contact Cigna customer service at 800-244-6224 or visit the Cigna Web site for questions about coverage, claims, and provider networks.
- Locate a network medical provider by consulting the Cigna Provider Directory. Choose "Cigna Dental PPO" and in the drop down box, select "Radius Network."
- Cigna does not issue ID cards. To obtain a customized and printable ID card, visit my.cigna.com and create an online account.
- Print the Cigna Dental PPO ID card (PDF).