University Human Resources
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Provides a death benefit to the designated beneficiary in the amount of $20,000.
Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance is available to all eligible graduate appointees. Those who are eligible are automatically enrolled in the policy; no action is required for coverage. The policy is underwritten by Anthem Life Insurance.
Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance is available to all eligible graduate appointees. The policy is underwritten by Anthem Life Insurance.
Initiation of Coverage
- Graduate Appointees are eligible on the day they become part of an eligible group (usually date of hire); there are no waiting periods to satisfy.
- Proof of good health is not required.
- All graduate appointees can make a beneficiary designation by submitting the Beneficiary Form to Anthem.
Termination of Coverage
Coverage terminates when appointment with Indiana University terminates.
EA Travel Assistance benefits are available 24 hours a day. Graduate Appointees simply call the toll-free number listed below with any medical, personal or travel needs. EA Travel Assistance provides many beneficial services including:
- Medical Evacuation/Repatriation - If a doctor chosen by EA decides that you should be taken to a different medical facility or to your place of residence for treatment, EA will find a way to take you there and pay for it up to the program limit of $250,000 per medical incident.
- Visit by a family member/friend - If you are traveling alone and will be in the hospital for seven straight days, EA will provide for and pay up to $5,000 for round trip economy class transportation for one member of your immediate family, or one friend, from his or her home, to the hospital. EA will also pay for up to five days at $150 per day of meals and lodging for the visiting family member or friend.
- Doctor, Dentist, and Hospital Referrals - EA will help you find doctors, dentists and medical facilities. When you have a medical emergency, professional case managers, including doctors and nurses, review your case to make sure you're getting the right care or decide if evacuation/repatriation is required.
- Emergency Travel Arrangements - EA can make new travel arrangements or change airline, hotel, and car rental reservations if there is an emergency or something else happens you don't expect.
- Legal Consultations & Bail Bond Assistance - EA will find an attorney and loan you money for the bail bond, if the law permits.
Travel Assistance Contact Information:
U.S. and Canada – 866-295-4890
Other Locations – 202-296-7482
For questions about Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, contact:
Anthem Life & Disability Insurance Company
Attn: Life Claims Service Center
P.O. Box 105448
Atlanta, Georgia 30348-5448