University Human Resources
Graduate Medical Education | Medical Residents
Residents and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the Cigna Preferred Provider Organization (PPO). If you decide not to enroll, you must wait until the next open enrollment period to receive this benefit.
This plan will be discontinued effective January 1, 2014. All residents currently enrolled in this plan will be moved to the PPO plan.
This program emphasizes diagnostic and preventive services and offers services and benefits through a limited network of participating dental locations. There is no coverage for out-of-network services. With the DHMO there are no deductibles or claim forms. You will receive services at no charge for x-rays, routine cleanings, topical fluoride, oral exams, and local anesthesia. All other procedures are covered at substantial savings to you.
This is a traditional plan that provides reimbursement for dental services from a network of participating providers, or at a lower benefit, outside the network from any licensed dentist of your choice. You are required to pay the dentist for normal charges and then file a claim for reimbursement when an out of network provider is used.
Dental Plan Highlights
- Cigna Dental's national PPO network
- Annual deductible of $50 ($150 family)
- Annual Benefit Limit of $500
- Two routine cleanings/exams per calendar year covered at 100%
- Plan year begins each January; deductibles and benefit limit amounts restart annually on January 1st
Things you can do…
- Download a PDF 2013 DHMO summary chart for information about services, copays, and deductibles.
- Download a PDF DPPO summary chart (2013 | 2014) for information about services, copays, and deductibles.
- Contact Cigna customer service at 800-244-6224 or visit the Cigna Web site for questions about coverage, claims, and provider networks.
- Locate a network medical provider by consulting the Cigna Provider Directory.
- Cigna does not issue ID cards. To obtain a customized and printable ID card, visit my.cigna.com and create an online account.