Personal Health Records (PHR)
IU has partnered with NoMoreClipboard to provide a voluntary Personal Health Record, or PHR, for employees and adult family members age 18 and older who are covered by an IU-sponsored medical plan .
The PHR is an online, portable tool that allows employees and eligible dependents to create an account to compile, manage, and share personal health information with physicians, providers, and family members in a secure, protected location. Employees are also able to use the PHR to store information for minor dependents.
The PHR allows users to:
- Securely access medical information via the web 24x7x365.
- Document medical history, medications, immunizations, medical provider list, family medical history, plan information, etc.
- Send medical history and other “paperwork” to the doctor’s office ahead of scheduled visits.
- Receive electronic information from a doctor's office, like lab results.
- Store scanned documents such as living wills and power of attorney.
- Store medical history, information, and documentation for minor dependents.
- Authorize accounts for family members to help organize medical information, immunizations for a child's school, etc.
Because the PHR is designed to interface with other healthcare applications, such as physician electronic medical record systems, it can increase the legibility, accuracy, and completeness of medical information. This improves communication and coordination of care, and reduces medical errors and unnecessary costs.
The PHR is also important in helping employees manage medical services and care over the course of a lifetime and to connect medical records between family members and providers.
Review sample screen shots of the PHR.