Basic Group Life Insurance
- Provides a death benefit to the designated beneficiary -- Two (2) times base annual salary, up to a maximum of $50,000
- At age 70 or older, the amount of Basic Life Insurance will be equal to the employee's annual wage multiplied by 1.3, up to a maximum of $50,000
- Provides an Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit equal to the amount of Basic Group Life Insurance. The AD&D benefit also includes an additional seat belt and repatriation benefit
- Continues to pay life insurance premiums if a covered employee becomes totally disabled
- Provides life insurance for eligible dependents ($3,000 for spouse/registered domestic partner, $1,000 for child)
- Allows covered employees to apply for conversion or portability of their life insurance.
- Offers Beneficiary Financial counseling to assist beneficiaries of accelerated death and life insurance benefits, reach their financial goals.
- Offers an accelerated death benefit, which allows terminally ill employees the opportunity to collect all or part of their life insurance prior to death
Basic Group Life Insurance coverage is provided for eligible employees by Indiana University.
Basic Group Life Insurance is available to the following classes of individuals:
- All full-time employees.
- Dependents of eligible employees, to include a legal spouse, registered domestic partner, or unmarried child who is less than 19 years of age (or between 19 and 23 if a full-time student and dependent upon the employee for support).
- Employees are eligible on the day they become part of an eligible group (usually date of hire).
- Dependents are eligible the day the employee becomes eligible, or the day they become a dependent.
- Employees must be actively at work in order for insurance coverage to take effect (with the following exceptions: employees on sabbatical leave of absence; employees on leave due to sickness or injury; employees on temporary reduction of force; or employees on leave without pay for reasons other than sickness or injury as long as the covered employee has, after the first three months, applied for continuance of insurance and paid the group premium to the University in advance).
- Coverage terminates when employment with Indiana University terminates;
a covered employee can convert or port the prior amount of insurance to an individual policy
(conversion or portability of coverage must be completed within 31 days after group coverage ends).
For questions regarding Portability or Conversion of Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance Coverage, please contact UHRS, at (812) 855-2007.
- For employees who meet the requirements for Retiree Status with Indiana University, the Basic Group Life coverage continues at a reduced benefit. The amount of insurance lost due to this reduction may also be converted.
Basic life insurance coverage is provided for eligible employees by Indiana University.
FrontierMEDEX Travel Assistance
What is FrontierMEDEX Travel Assistance?
FrontierMEDEX is a comprehensive program of information, referral, assistance, transportation and evacuation services designed to help you respond to medical care situations and many other emergencies that may arise during travel. FrontierMEDEX Travel Assistance also offers pre-travel assistance, which gives you access to information on things like passport and visa requirements, foreign currency and worldwide weather.
Services are available to you only when you are outside of your home country or 100 or more miles away from your permanent residence in your home country for less than 180 days. Persons who travel more than 180 days in a 12 month period are excluded from this program.
Who is Covered?
As a participant in your employer's Group Life insurance plan through Standard Insurance Company, you're automatically covered. Family members, including your spouse or domestic partner, and dependent children through age 26, regardless of student or marital status, are also covered.
FrontierMEDEX offers the following services:
Emergency Medical Evacuation
If you sustain an injury or suffer a sudden and unexpected illness and adequate medical treatment is not available in your current location, FrontierMEDEX will arrange and pay for a medically supervised evacuation to the nearest medical facility they determined capable of providing appropriate medical treatment.
Visitation of a Family Member or Friend
If a Covered Member is traveling alone and must be hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days, FrontierMEDEX will coordinate and pay for economy round-trip airfare for a person of your choice to join you.
Return of Dependent Children
If any dependent children under the age of 18 traveling with a Covered Member are left unattended by an adult as a result of your injury or illness, FrontierMEDEX will coordinate and pay for one-way economy airfare to send them back to your home country. FrontierMEDEX will also arrange and pay for the services and transportation expenses of a qualified escort, if required and as determined by FrontierMEDEX.
Transportation After Stabilization
Following stabilization of your condition and discharge from the hospital, FrontierMEDEX will coordinate and pay for transportation to your point of origin.
In the event of a fatality while traveling, FrontierMEDEX will assist in obtaining the necessary clearances for cremation or coordinate and pay for the expenses of the preparation and transportation of the Covered Member's remains to their home country.
FrontierMEDEX will on a best-effort basis, arrange and pay for the return on your non-commercial vehicle if FrontierMEDEX has approved transporting you under either the transportation after stabilization or repatriation of mortal remains services and no one in the Covered Member's travelling party is capable of driving the vehicle.
- Passport and Visa Information
- Health hazards advice and inoculation requirements information
- Weather Information
- Consulate and Embassy locations
- Currency Exchange Information
Emergency Medical Assistance
- Location of Medical and Dental Providers
- Medical Monitoring
- Prescription Drug Assistance
Travel Assistance Services
- Helps replace passports or other travel documents such as credit cards and airline tickets that are lost, stolen or damaged
- Legal Assistance: Locating legal services, coordinates bail bond services in all available locations
- Missing Baggage Assistance: Advises proper reporting procedures and helps maintain contact with the appropriate companies or authorities if baggage is lost, stolen or delayed while traveling on a common carrier.
- Emergency Message Service
- Emergency Cash and Payment Assistance: Helps obtain and advance funds by coordinating with a friend, family member, bank or your credit card issuer in the event of a travel or medical emergency.
For additional information regarding FrontierMEDEX Travel Assist, please review the following:
For questions about Basic Group Life Insurance, please contact University Human Resource Services at (812) 855-2007.