IU retirement plans are participant-directed accounts, offering a wide range of investment choices. The TIAA-CREF Social Choice Bond Fund will soon be available as a new investment option in IU base retirement plans.
- As a socially responsible fund, the Fund applies certain environmental, social, and governance (ESG) screening criteria to corporate-issued and certain foreign-government bonds.
- Features of the screening include: environmental stewardship; service to local communities; commitment to higher labor standards for employees and suppliers; dedication to production of safe, quality products; and ethical management.
Additional investment fund information is available on the fund company sites found at hr.iu.edu/benefits/iuret.html#investments.
University Human Resources fields a number of questions from participants wanting to know more about the University's supplemental retirement plans, such as:
- How can I save more for retirement?
- How can I defer more taxes?
- Can I participate in the TDA and the IU Retirement Savings Plan?
- What are the similarities and differences of the plans?
The University sponsors two supplemental retirement plans: the IU Tax Deferred Account (TDA) Plan and the IU Retirement Savings Plan. These plans offer participants the opportunity to contribute to their retirement savings over and above the contribution the University makes on their behalf to the IU base retirement plans. It's easy to make a change to existing contributions. This can be done at any time via OneStart. See "Quick Links" at hr.iu.edu/benefits/supp_retire and contact .
2013 medical and dental plan booklets are available at hr.iu.edu/benefits/plan_booklets.html. The booklets include details about plan coverage, claims/appeals, customer service, and COBRA coverage.
Information about HIPAA Privacy Practices, Medicaid/CHIP Special Enrollment and other important federal notices of employee rights are available in plan booklets and on the Web site at hr.iu.edu/benefits/federal_notices.htm.
Fidelity and TIAA-CREF offer smartphone applications that allow IU employees to access and monitor their personal retirement accounts. Using their secure login, employees can view account balances, investment performance, and more.
NetBenefits for Fidelity Account Holders
- Fidelity offers an app designed for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android and Windows 8 phones.
- Blackberry and other PDA users can access their account information via Fidelity's Web browser interface at fidelity.mobi.
TIAA-CREF Savings Simplifier for TIAA-CREF Account Holders
- TIAA-CREF offers an app designed for the iPhone.
- A mobile site that works for both iPhone and Android is available at mobile.tiaa-cref.org.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and the safety-related requirements of the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the IU Police Department provides an Annual Security Report including statements addressing the university's policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, for example, policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in or on off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the university and on public property within or immediately adjacent to the campus. These reports are available online by campus as listed on the Public Safety and IU Police web site at protect.iu.edu/police/crimestats. Paper copies can be requested from the campus IUPD contacts.