IU Employee Assistance Program (IUEAP)
The IU Employee Assistance Program (IUEAP) was established to provide professional help when day-to-day activities are interrupted by stress. IUEAP services are confidential and voluntary. Some common reasons to use IUEAP services include:
- Stress and anxiety
- Conflict in the workplace
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Family and marital problems
- Grief and loss
Full-time Academic and Staff employees and Medical Residents of Indiana University and their household members are eligible for:
- A telephone help line (365/24/7) to discuss problems and schedule an appointment to see a counselor.
- In an emergency, a counselor can be available within minutes, or if required, a face-to-face appointment will be arranged with a qualified counselor.
- With an EAP referral, participants are eligible for face-to-face visits with a professional counselor, up to six visits per year.
Supervisors may use IUEAP services as a resource for guidance in dealing with a troubled employee. In the event of a traumatic situation in the workplace, counselors can make onsite visits to provide critical incident debriefing.
- Obtaining IUEAP services starts with a phone call: 888-234-8327 or 317-962-2622.
- A qualified and caring EAP professional will make an initial assessment and help to determine how IUEAP may help.
- A referral may be made to either an EAP network-licensed clinician for face-to-face problem-solving visits or to a local agency or resource.
- If a problem requires long-term care or clinical services beyond the scope of IUEAP, a counselor will help identify appropriate resources, including referral to a mental health or substance abuse professional.
Full-time Academic and Staff employees and Medical Residents of Indiana University and their household members are eligible to use the services of the IUEAP.
If you did not receive a new IUEAP Coverage Card, you can print and use this one.
- IUEAP Coverage Card (PDF)
IUEAP benefits are provided through The Indiana Clinic. All fees are paid by the University. There is no cost to employees for IUEAP services.
All contacts with the IUEAP are guaranteed absolute confidentiality. Names of individuals using the IUEAP services are not available to Indiana University.