University Human Resources
Express Scripts Prescription Benefit Manager
For 2017, if you are enrolled in either the Anthem PPO HDHP or the Anthem PPO $500 Deductible plan then your medical card will also contain the information for your prescription coverage. You will only need to use this one card at all of your medical, pharmacy, and vision providers.
If you are enrolled in the IU Health HDHP then you will need to have a separate prescription ID to provide to your pharmacy. If you do not have a prescription card you can use the temporary ID card to the right.
Express Scripts pharmacy network includes most retail chain pharmacies, such as CVS, Walmart, Target, and most supermarket pharmacy chains. Some independent pharmacies are included also.
Express Scripts has a separate arrangement for specialty medications through Accredo. (Specialty medications are drugs that are used to treat complex conditions, such as cancer, growth hormone deficiency, hemophilia, hepatitis C, immune deficiency, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.)
To locate co-pays and co-insurance costs for prescriptions and/or to find network pharmacies, visit the Express Scripts web site.
Tobacco Cessation Prescription Benefits
IU employee medical plans cover 100 percent of the cost of tobacco cessation prescription and over-the-counter tobacco replacement products. Coverage is limited to a 180-day supply per covered individual per year. Covered prescriptions drugs include Chantix, Zyban (bupropion), and Nicotrol. Over-the-counter products require a prescription in order to be covered under the employee's medical plan.
Mail order refills and new prescriptions can be requested online, by telephone, or through the U.S. mail with Express Scripts.
- If you're not yet enrolled in a medical plan, visit the Express Scripts web site to learn about your prescription benefit plan. For example:
- Find a participating pharmacy
- Search for preferred prescriptions and prescription costs
- Register as a Member so you will be able to:
- Submit a mail order online
- Check the status of a mail order online
- Non-online Mail order
- Print the prescription mail order form (PDF).
- Call 800-988-1794 to check on the status of mail order prescriptions.
- Print the prescription claim form (PDF).
- Print the temporary ID card (PDF).
- Contact Express Scripts Member Services 1-800-988-1794.