University Human Resources
Express Scripts Prescription Benefit Manager
Express Scripts pharmacy network includes most retail chain pharmacies, such as CVS, Walmart, Target, and most supermarket pharmacy chains. Some independent pharmacies are included also.
Express Scripts has a separate arrangement for specialty medications through Accredo. (Specialty medications are drugs that are used to treat complex conditions, such as cancer, growth hormone deficiency, hemophilia, hepatitis C, immune deficiency, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.)
To locate co-pays and drug costs and find network pharmacies, visit the Express Scripts Web site at www.expressscripts.com/iu.
Tobacco Cessation Prescription Benefits
IU employee medical plans cover 100 percent of the cost of tobacco cessation prescription and over-the-counter tobacco replacement products. Coverage is limited to a 180-day supply per covered individual per year. Covered prescriptions drugs include Chantix, Zyban (bupropion), and Nicotrol. Over-the-counter products require a prescription in order to be covered under the employee's medical plan.
Mail order refills and new prescriptions can be requested online, by telephone, or through the U.S. mail.
- If you're not yet enrolled in a medical plan, visit www.expressscripts.com/iu to learn about your prescription benefit plan. For example:
- Find a participating pharmacy
- Search for preferred prescriptions and prescription costs
- Register as a Member at www.expressscripts.com/iu so you will be able to:
- Submit a mail order online
- Check the status of a mail order online
- Non-online Mail order
- Print the prescription claim form (PDF).
- Print the temporary ID card (PDF).
- Contact Express Scripts Member Services 1-800-988-1794.