University Human Resources
Online Enrollment Instructions
From October 31 to November 11, use the Benefits Self Service area of One.IU to enroll. Benefits Self Service allows you to complete enrollment at a convenient time and place. It also provides individualized, up-to-date benefit elections, including names of dependents enrolled in each plan. Each year, many employees find this information to be a valuable planning tool. After completing the online enrollment, instant confirmation of your elections will be sent via IU email. If you do not have access to the Internet, contact a campus HR office for assistance.
To make your 2017 elections in Open Enrollment Self Service:
- Go to one.iu.edu.
- Search for “Employee Center”.
- Click on the Employee Center app.
- Complete your login.
- Click on Benefits.
- Click on the Open Enrollment button under Benefit Actions.
- Enter benefit selections for each plan.
- Submit your elections. Until you click ‘Submit’, your elections will not be registered for 2017.
- Check your IU email account for confirmation of selections.
- Log out, especially if you were on a public computer.
When enrolling online you can change and resubmit enrollments as many times as you need through November 11. With each submission you will receive a new email confirmation.
After updating your 2017 benefit elections, you may want to take the opportunity to review and update certain information for any insurance, retirement, and savings plans listed in the Benefits section of the Employee Center.