University Human Resources
Personal Accident Insurance
- Indiana University's Personal Accident Insurance plan pays benefits in the event of accidental loss of life or severe injuries which result in dismemberment.
- Full-time, appointed employees of Indiana University can purchase coverage for themselves, or for themselves and family members.
- Various additional benefits are available for such situations as violent crime, death of both employee and spouse in one accident, education or training for surviving children or spouses.
- Eligible employees can purchase coverage of from $30,000 to $500,000.
- If family plan coverage is purchased, each family member's coverage is a percentage of the benefit amount selected.
- Travel Assistance Services are available to plan enrollees.
All full-time Academic (including Medical Residents) and Staff employees of Indiana University are eligible for participation in the Personal Accident Insurance plan; an enrolled employee may also insure their legal spouse and unmarried dependent children (under age 19, or under age 25 if full-time students).
The premiums for coverage under the Personal Accident Insurance plan are paid in full by the employee.
Effective January 1, 2009
|Benefit Amount||Monthly Cost for Employee Only Coverage||Monthly Cost for Employee and Family Coverage*|
|* For Employee and Family Coverage, benefits for family members will be a percentage of the Benefit Amount selected.|
- New employees have 30 days from the date of employment to enroll.
- Eligible employees who do not choose to enroll at the time of employment may do so during the annual Open Enrollment Period.
- Changes in plan enrollment may be made in the case of a Qualifying Event*.
- Enrollment continues as long as the employee remains eligible and pays the premium; coverage for dependent children ends when they no longer qualify as dependents.
*A Qualifying Event is a significant family or employment change, such as: marriage, divorce, death of a dependent, birth of a child, spouse's termination or commencement of employment, and termination or commencement of leave-without-pay.
- Before age 70, if this group coverage ends for any reason other than failure to pay premiums, the policy can be converted to an individual policy without medical certification.
- Application for a conversion policy must be made, and the first premium paid within 31 days after the end of group coverage.
- Conversion Application (PDF)
Cigna Healthy Rewards Program
Cigna includes their Healthy Rewards program as part of the Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) benefit. Participants enrolled in PAI can receive discounts on a variety of health and wellness programs and services such as Massage, Jenny Craig, Chiropractor, Hearing Aids, Lasik Vision Correction and more.
For information on participating providers visit Cigna’s Healthy Rewards website: www.cigna.com/rewards (password: savings) or call 1-800-258-3312. You may reference the Cigna PAI Group Policy Holder: Indiana University and Group Policy Number: OK 980032.
Healthy Rewards Flyer (PDF)
Cigna Will Center
Cigna includes their Cigna Will Center as part of the Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) benefit. If enrolled in PAI, employees and their spouses have access to a suite of tools that may help them build state-specific, customized wills and other legal documents via the Cigna Will Center. Cigna Will Center is an online tool available seven days a week, 365 days a year with phone representatives available to assist via a toll-free number. Once registered with Cigna’s Will Center, employees and spouses can create and store life and health care legal documents online, such as:
- Last will and testament
- Living will
- Health care power of attorney
- Financial power of attorney
- Medical authorization for minors
For additional information visit CignaWillCenter.com. Cigna Customer Care Specialists are available to answer your questions and provide additional assistance Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CST by phone 1-800-901-7534 or email: . You may reference the Cigna PAI Group Policy Holder: Indiana University and Group Policy Number: OK 980032.
What is Cigna Secure Travel?
It’s a comprehensive program of information, referral, assistance, transportation and evacuation services designed to help you respond to medical care situations and many other emergencies that may arise during travel. All of these services are provided by Cigna Secure Travel.
Who is Covered?
Employees do not have to enroll in this service. As a participant in your employer’s Group Personal Accident insurance plan through Cigna, you are automatically covered. Covered family members include your spouse and dependent children.
Cigna Secure Travel offers the following services:
These valuable services can help you start your trip the right way. Obtain important, up-to-date information on:
- Immunization Requirement
- Visa & Passport Requirements
- Foreign Exchange Rates
- Embassy/Consular Referral
- Travel/Tourist Advisories
- Temperature & Weather Conditions
- Cultural Information
When an unforeseen medical emergency requires you to be evacuated to a medical facility for treatment, Worldwide Assistance gets you there. When deemed medically necessary by a Worldwide Assistance designated physician, Worldwide Assistance will arrange and pay for your transportation to the nearest adequate medical facility that can properly treat your condition.
In the event that you should pass away while traveling, Worldwide Assistance will arrange for all necessary government authorizations, and pay for the return of your remains to your place of residence for burial or cremation.
Assistance with Lost or Stolen Items
Translation & Interpretation Services
Emergency Travel Services such as:
- Emergency Cash Advances
- Emergency Travel Arrangements
- Emergency Message Relay Assistance
Please Note: All services must be arranged by Cigna Secure Travel. Claims for reimbursement will not be accepted.
For additional information regarding these services, please see the Secure Travel brochure (PDF) or contact their office at 888-226-4567.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
Cigna Secure Travel
- From the U.S. and Canada
- From other locations
- 202-331-7635 (collect)
Cigna Healthy Rewards
Cigna Will Center
University Human Resources