Alternative in-network services
Employees may want to maximize their benefits by considering the following services. Even for those who continue to use out-of-network physicians for office visits or consultations, these in-network services may be available*:
- Walk-in clinics: Immediate care can be obtained at walk-in clinics such as IU Health Urgent Care centers (east and west locations), and First Health Care.
- Same day scheduling: IU Health clinics located in Bloomington, Ellettsville, Gosport, Nashville, and Spencer.
- IU Health Bloomington Hospital, Monroe Hospital, or StatLab can provide most laboratory services. Ask for a lab order to take to these facilities.
- Diagnostic Imaging: In-network providers for MRI, CAT scans, and ultrasounds are Indiana MRI, Southern Indiana Radiological Association (SIRA), IU Health Bloomington Hospital,IU Health Bedford Hospital, and Monroe Hospital. Even if directed or ordered by an out-of-network physician, these facility services are in-network.
- Anticoagulation services: IU Health’s clinic on Landmark Avenue provides monitoring of medicines to prevent blood clots.
- Oncology services: The Cancer Care Center provides services at their center and Bloomington Hospital.
- Endoscopies: The Bloomington Endoscopy Center has a separate contract with Anthem. The facility will continue to be in-network, however Premier physician charges for services provided there are out-of-network. Endoscopies (e.g., colonoscopy, upper GI endoscopies) are available at other facilities, such as IU Health Bloomington Hospital and Monroe Hospital. IU Health general surgeons Dr. Kennard and Dr. Hodges do colonoscopies at Bloomington Hospital. They can be reached at 812-332-3531.
- Other services: Check with your physician about infusion therapy, sleep labs, and other specialized treatments and diagnostics that can be provided by local hospitals.
* This list focuses on Bloomington, but similar services may be available with physicians and hospitals in surrounding counties. Comprehensive services are available at the IU Medical Center in Indianapolis.Many diagnostic services have both a technical (facility) fee and a professional interpretation fee; check with each facility to see if an in-network provider can provide the professional component.
A directory of in-network providers is available at www.anthem.com or by calling Anthem customer service at 800-345-2460.