University Human Resources
Provided through Anthem Blue View Vision
Beginning January 1, 2014, as part of the IU PPO medical plans (IU HDHP PPO, PPO $900 Deductible, and PPO $500 Deductible), the annual eye exam coverage will be converted from a medical benefit to a separate Vision benefit administered by Anthem Blue View Vision. Those enrolled in an the IU PPO medical plans mentioned above will receive the vision benefit with no separate enrollment. Please note that those enrolled in the IUHQP medical plan will not receive the Vision Wear benefit.
Benefits of Vision Wear
- A routine eye exam every 12 months per member, with a $10 copay.
- Frames, lenses and contacts covered with specific allowances and copays for in-network providers (see Vision Benefit Summary (PDF) for more specifics)
Finding a Network Provider
In-network providers include the IU School of Optometry Eye Care Centers (Atwater Eye Care Center and Indianapolis Eye Care Center), LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Sears, Target, 1-800 Contacts, and other independent eye care professionals. To find an independent in-network provider, follow the steps below:
- Visit www.anthem.com.
- Click on Find A Doctor under the “Useful Tools” section on the right side of the page.
- Select Vision option under “What are you looking for?” on the left side of the page.
- Select Routine eye exam and eyewear under #2: Type of Visit.
- Enter a Zip Code or City and State to find providers nearest you.
- Select Anthem Blue View Vision as the Plan Name for #5: “What insurance would you like to use?”
- Click the Search button.
Note: Medical eye exams, such as for treatment of glaucoma or retinal detachment, remain a covered benefit under medical plans; however, they will be subject to the medical plan deductible and co-insurance.