University Human Resources
How to Apply for Service Positions
|Enhance your chances for consideration and selection.|
You may now apply for Service positions through our online application (OLA). We will continue to accept paper applications from IU employees, although OLA is the preferred method of application.
The new employment process will make it easier for applicants to apply for job openings and provide greater transparency to the applicant. An online process provides near 24/7 access for applicants.
Applicant users will be able to…
- Enjoy a streamlined process of creating and maintaining a personal OLA account
- Store a resume or education/experience in OLA for easy access and easy apply process
- Upload a custom resume/cover letter for specific jobs
- Search all open Staff positions at all IU campuses
- Customize their job search with powerful job search features allowing applicants to search across campuses, across job categories, or various combinations, in addition to searching for a specific job by its job number
- See the status of their application, e.g., if they were referred or not; if the department is conducting interviews; if a job offer has been made; view their test scores.
Applicants who have separated or who have not been employed by IU must create an Applicant Account and apply for jobs in OLA. You can complete an Applicant Account in anticipation of applying for a position; however, in order to be considered for a position, you must apply for it when it is listed.
To create an OLA Applicant Account you will need:
- A valid email account
- A resume or sufficient information to allow you to complete the education/experience form within OLA.
We encourage you to create an OLA Applicant Account and apply online for open jobs due to the significant benefits of the online process. If you are applying for a new position, and you wish to apply using a paper application, you must update your paper application if it is over a year old or:
- Pertinent information such as your address has changed
- You have acquired new skills or knowledge since you first completed the application
- You have more current work history that is not reflected on the application
Our office is happy to assist you in creating an OLA account; please contact us at: or 855-2172.