Return to Q&A index
Questions & Answers
1. Who is eligible?
Full-time Academic and Staff employees are eligible to apply for ERIP if, as of June 30, 2011, they meet one of the following criteria:
- The employee satisfies the age and service requirements for IU Retiree Status.
- The employee is at least 60 years old with at least 10 years of full-time appointed service at Indiana University.
2. Who is not eligible?
Employees who do not meet the above criteria are not eligible for ERIP. This includes:
- Employees who are eligible to begin receiving or who are currently receiving benefits under the IU 18/20 Retirement Plan or the IU Replacement Retirement Plan on June 30, 2011.
- Employees who have entered into an agreement with IU to participate in the IU Phased Retirement Program.
- Employees who have entered into an agreement with IU to separate.
- Employees who have entered into an agreement with IU to use PTO or Vacation accruals to bridge to an already specified separation date, arranged prior to April 1, 2011.
- Employees who have been given notice of involuntary termination from IU.
- Employees who are Part-time appointed Staff and Academic employees, Hourly employees, Graduate Assistants, Medical Residents, Visiting Scholars, Postdoctoral Fellows, etc.