Return to Q&A index
Questions & Answers
Payment of Unused Paid Time Off and Compensatory Time (Staff only)
1. What payment will I receive for my unused paid time off when I separate?
- Support and Service Staff receive pay for accrued but unused
- Vacation hours based on years of service up to 872 hours for 30 or more years of IU service
- Income Protection hours if qualified for IU Retiree Status at 25% pay from 152 hours through 312 hours and 50% pay for all hours above 312 hours
- Compensatory Time
- Professional Staff receive pay for accrued but unused
- Bonus Holidays, if applicable with PB plan status
- All PTO hours
- For PB plan status, Vacation up to 200 hours plus number of hours earned in a year
- Honorary Vacation up to 480 hours, if applicable
- If covered by the IU Retirement Plan with 11.25% contributions and qualified for IU Retiree Status: Sick Bank hours at 25% pay from 152 hours through 312 hours and 50% pay for all hours above 312
- Compensatory time for PAO and PAU Staff
2. Where can I learn more about the pay for unused time off?
More information about pay for unused time off can be found in the University’s Separation Pay Policy.
3. Is pay for unused time off in addition to the ERIP benefits or does it reduce my ERIP benefits?
The amount of pay for unused time off is determined under IU’s Personnel Policies. It is in addition to ERIP and does not reduce ERIP benefits.
|prev: Starting retirement income benefits|