Return to Q&A index
Questions & Answers
1. I am currently on an FMLA covered leave of absence and I meet the requirements of IU Retiree Status. Am I eligible?
All employees, including those on any type of approved leave of absence, who meet the ERIP requirements, are eligible to apply.
2. I have told my department that I am going to retire April 30th. Can I withdraw that notice and apply for ERIP?
An employee may withdraw a previous notice of separation and apply for ERIP if he or she meets the eligibility requirements.
3. What are my retirement options if my ERIP application is denied?
An employee may continue to work or separate under the provisions of the existing personnel polices if the ERIP application is denied.
4. Can I come back to work for Indiana University?
- An ERIP participant can not be employed in any University position for 30 days following separation under the plan.
- An ERIP participant can not be employed in a full-time IU Staff or Academic position for 5 years following separation under the plan.
- If the ERIP participant initiates income benefits from PERF or any IU-sponsored retirement plan, there must not be a written or oral agreement or understanding at the time of separation that the participant will be rehired by the University in any position.
|prev: Separation agreement|