Position Description for Staff Positions
Managers are responsible for structuring the duties and responsibilities assigned to positions. The purpose of this form is to document the duties and responsibilities officially assigned to the below position, as of the indicated date.
Position descriptions have many purposes, including: recruitment and selection, new hire orientation, on-going performance management and development, staffing analysis, position classification, etc. (not intended to be inclusive).
Position descriptions should be updated as needed to reflect significant changes in duties and/or responsibilities.
Important Information to know about this form:
- If you submit the form without completing the sections indicated with an asterisks *, you will get an error message and lose any other information entered on the form.
- If you close the web browser before clicking the submit button the information you have entered will not be saved, and cannot be recovered.
- If you need to step away from your work for an extended period of time, it is recommended that you submit the form to generate the email then you can continue working on the document using the emailed form.
How to use this form:
- Fill out the web based form by filling in the sections below.
- When completed click the submit box on the bottom of the form.
- An email will be sent to the email address that was entered in the Submitter's Information Section of this form. It will contain the contents of the form and spaces for signature(s) and can be copied and pasted into a Word document for further editing and saving.
* = required