University Human Resources
Create Position NEW - New Position Request
- Complete a Position Description.
- Print a copy of the Position Description document and attain required signatures of the immediate supervisor and next-level manager. Keep the signed paper copy of the Position Description for your files or forward it to the individual within your department who is responsible for maintaining Position Descriptions.
- Forward the electronic document of the Position Description to the E-doc initiator.
- Initiate a Create Position E-doc embedding the Position Description into the ‘detailed description’ field. The effective date is the date the E-doc is initiated. Attach a departmental organizational chart, including titles, position numbers, and incumbents’ names for each staff position in the note section of the e-doc. Reference “Org chart attached.” Once all fields have been completed, click on the ‘route’ button. The E-doc will automatically route electronically for approvals.
- Once the position review has been completed, the E-doc will be saved in HRMS and a position number will be assigned. The E-doc will route back to the department indicating the position number and classification of the position. Those in the routing chain are to notify others in their department, as needed, of the new position number and classification.