University Human Resources
Maintain Position UPD - Update Position Request
May also include updates to FTE, Position Title, or Reports to
- Complete a Position Description.
- Print a copy of the Position Description document and attain required signatures of the immediate supervisor, next-level manager, and if occupied, employee. Keep the signed paper copy of the Position Description for your files or forward it to the individual within your department who is responsible for keeping Position Descriptions.
- Forward the electronic document of the Position Description to the E-doc initiator.
- Initiate a Maintain Position UPD E-doc embedding the Position Description into the ‘detailed description’ field. The effective date is the date the E-doc is initiated. Attach a departmental organizational chart, including titles, position numbers, and incumbents’ names for each staff position in the note section of the e-doc. Reference “Org chart attached.” Once all fields have been completed, click on the ‘route’ button. The E-doc will automatically route electronically for approvals.
- Electronically send a departmental organizational chart, including titles, position numbers, and incumbents’ names for each staff position via email to . Reference the E-doc number in the subject line.
- The Position Description will be reviewed and saved into HRMS as an update and the results will be communicated to the department via e-mail. The UPD E-doc does not route back to the department. Therefore, those who are in the routing chain or who receive the UHRS-generated communication e-mail are responsible for notifying others in their department.
- The immediate supervisor or next-level manager is responsible for communicating the changes to the incumbent.