University Human Resource Services
Pay Adjustments for Bloomington Support Staff
Before proceeding, please consult Support Staff Policy 9.4, Salary Decisions for Individual Employees.
- A school or department secures budgetary approvals for the proposed pay increase from the responsibility center and Budgetary Administration and Planning (Rozzie Gerstman). If the head of the responsibility center is a vice president, further budgetary approval is not required.
A dean or director submits request in writing (e-mail is acceptable) to University Human Resource Services (Classification and Salary, Poplars E165, e-mail
, telephone 855-7321) along with approvals from appropriate budgetary authorities (see previous statement). The memo should include:
- Name of employee
- Pay rate or increase being requested, stated in terms of an hourly pay rate
- Reason for the request (based on the criteria in Support Staff Policy 9.4).
- If the Support Staff employee is represented by the CWA, University Human Resource Services (UHRS) notifies CWA of request.
- After the review of the request is completed, UHRS informs the dean or director of the decision.
- If the pay increase is approved by UHRS, the department initiates an E-Doc to process the pay rate change. The effective date of the new pay rate is the first day of the pay period after the decision is made.