Pay Adjustments for Bloomington Support Staff
- A school or department secures budgetary approvals for the proposed pay increase from the responsibility center and Budgetary Administration and Planning (Rozzie Gerstman). If the head of the responsibility center is a vice president, further budgetary approval is not required.
- A dean or director submits request in writing (e-mail is acceptable) to University Human Resource Services (Classification and Salary, Poplars E165, e-mail , telephone 855-7321) along with approvals from appropriate budgetary authorities (see previous statement). The memo should include:
- If the Support Staff employee is represented by the CWA, University Human Resources (UHR) notifies CWA of request.
- After the review of the request is completed, UHR informs the dean or director of the decision.
- If the pay increase is approved by UHR, the department initiates an E-Doc to process the pay rate change. The effective date of the new pay rate is the first day of the pay period after the decision is made.