University Human Resource Services
Job and Position Classification
- Classification is a structured approach to salary administration. Classification is all about jobs and positions and how they fit within the organizational structure.
- The four main staff employee groups are below. IU is moving toward a university-wide approach for Service and Support Staff in the next few years.
- Professional classification is university-wide
- Service classification varies by campus
- Support classification varies by campus
- Hourly classification is university-wide
Position Classification and Position Descriptions
- Online Position Description Form
- Bloomington Position Actions and Instructions (procedures for classification, updates, etc.)
- Valid Multiple Job Combinations