University Human Resources
Job and Position Classification
- Classification is a structured approach to salary administration. Classification is all about jobs and positions and how they fit within the organizational structure.
- The four main staff employee groups are below. IU is moving toward a university-wide approach for Service and Support Staff in the next few years.
- Professional classification is university-wide
- Service classification is university-wide
- Support classification varies by campus
- Temporary (formerly Hourly) classification is university-wide