University Human Resources
ETC Program Benefits and Details
ETC is structured in four major categories of learning:
- Communication Skills and Effectiveness
- Business English and Written Skills
- Computer and Technology Skills
- Personal and Career Growth
- ETC requires an eight month commitment to complete certification
- Approximately 6 hours per month are spent in the classroom (excluding elective requirements)
- The course schedule is provided well in advance so participants can plan time and work schedules accordingly.
- Two courses can be missed with a make-up; one course can be missed without a make-up.
- Participants are required to take two UITS training courses. One UITS course must be completed prior to the end of the Fall 2013 semester.
- Participants are required to take a minimum of one Organizational Development course. Register online.
- ETC is funded through University Human Resource Services, which includes instructor and material costs.
- Departments are responsible for the charge for the two UITS classes. University Computing Services, IT Training & Education is offering the computer courses at a 50% reduced rate for ETC participants. Call 855-7383 to register.
- ETC is open to any interested Indiana University Bloomington Support Staff.
- Participant selection is on a first-come-first-served basis, and the program fills very quickly, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
- Once your supervisor is contact and approves your participation, you will receive a confirmation letter with more information.
- If you have questions, contact Kayla at 812-855-9674.