Performance Improvement Plan:
Performance Improvement Plan for Employee Y
Deficiency Statement: Failure to maintain good interpersonal working relationship with other staff members, including acceptance of the role of your immediate supervisor.
Maintain open communication with other staff members, including your immediate supervisor.
- Priority: High priority. Disharmony in the workplace has a negative effect on morale and in accomplishing the goals of the department.
- Performance Standards: Employee's performance meets expectations when employee:
- Is polite;
- Accepts assistance from other staff when offered, or declines it gracefully;
- Cooperates and collaborates on projects with other staff;
- Takes pride in and responsibility for own work without becoming possessive about it;
- Recognizes that pursuant to the Conditions of Cooperation and the Articles of Cooperation sanctioned by the Board of Trustees of the university, management has the right and responsibility to assign supervision as it believes necessary to the accomplishment of the mission of the university and department.
- Goals and Timetables: Have a cooperative relationship with your immediate supervisor which will be demonstrated by your willingness to utilize this person as a resource in your day-to-day activities. Within three to six months develop communication and team-oriented skills that demonstrate your commitment to be a part of the team within your department. Based on direct observations and reports from colleagues within first two months, you will significantly reduce the number of times you refuse assistance in getting your own work accomplished. Within the second two months, you will begin to recognize when other members of the team need assistance and voluntarily offer it to them, while continuing to accept assistance from others when needed. Within three months, you and your immediate supervisor will develop a positive working relationship and be able to note at least three occasions where cooperative efforts have been used to the advantage of the department.
- Action Plans: Your immediate supervisor will meet with you on a regular basis (no less frequently that bi-weekly) to discuss problems you identify as prohibiting you from accomplishing this goal. You will provide input and feedback to your immediate supervisor to help identify areas where you believe that improvement can be made. Department management will arrange for someone from Human Resources to work with the immediate work group toward Team Building.
The purpose of this document is to identify performance deficiencies and to provide a clear concise mechanism for improving performance to a standard of "Meets Expectations". Every effort will be made to provide training and support necessary for the successful completion of this Performance Improvement Plan. Items contained in this plan are subject to modification under several circumstances. First, should it become clear that the level of "Meets Expectations" has been attained prior to the projected date, the plan may be dissolved upon agreement of the supervisor and employee. Second, where improvement in overall performance is noted, but additional time and/or training is required to reach a standard of "Meets Expectations" in all areas, the plan may be renegotiated. Finally, after a reasonable amount of time has passed, should it be determined that the overall performance continues at the level of "Does Not Meet Expectations" or that a standard of "Meets Expectations" cannot be met, a final warning will be issued.
We agree to work together on the items identified in this Performance Improvement Plan and to make every effort to reach the goals and expectations defined.
Supervisor's Signature________________________ Date_________________
Employee Signature____________________________ Date__________________
Next Performance Review Date______________________