Institutional Research Data Sources and Information
University Institutional Research and Reporting requests are ever changing and the data and tables we utilize to address our work is continuously being improved. Consequently, we are adding new resources to this site which describe these changes to our informational systems.
Below, you will find information regarding key census dates; recent updates; tables and data dictionaries in production; in development changes and/or additions that will soon be moved into production; future projects that are still in the research and specification cycle; and data guides that explain how the data is derived or created.
- Annual Calendar By Academic Year
- Annual Calendar By Module
- IR Census Calendar
- Admissions Point-in-Cycle Snapshot Calendar
UIRR Weekly Updates
IR Tables and Data Dictionaries
- Recent Updates
- In Production
- In Development
- Future Projects
- Table Changes Summary
IR Data Guides
- CIP 2010
- Degree Admit Term Type
- Derived Career and Level
- Derived Columns
- Derived Enrollment Status
- Derived Ethnicity (SR) - old definition
- First Generation
- IR Core 40, Academic Honors, 21st Century Scholars
- IR Financial Aid Reporting Categories - Keyword3
- IR High School Diploma Type
- Last High School
- Matrics & Cohorts
- Reporting Ethnicity
- Reporting Term and Cumulative GPA
- SAT/ACT Scores
- Summer Session Reporting
- Test Credits
- Business Intelligence Task Force (BITF)
- Ethnicity Re-survey
- GRE Revised Test Scores
- ICHE: Reaching Higher
- IU Student Tracker Services
- NGA: Complete to Compete
- Student Tracker Search Options
RUG-L IU Mailing List
The RUG-L IU Mailing List was established to address issues of common interest related to data reporting at IU. It also provides a shared electronic message archive to develop and deposit ideas which, in turn, would result in a knowledge base for reporting at IU.
- Send an email to iulist [at] iulist [dot] indiana [dot] edu with the following in the subject line: subscribe RUG-L (your first name) (your last name)
Example: subscribe RUG-L Greg Tittelbaugh
- Note: Please leave the message body blank.
- Once UIRR reviews your subscription request, you will receive an e-mail notifying you of whether you have been added to the RUG-L Mailing List.
- More information about IU Mailing Lists is available on this website: https://iulist.indiana.edu/sympa/helps/user
Search the RUG-L Archives:
- Go to the IU Mailing List environment homepage and log on in the upper right corner.
- Go to the information page for the RUG-L list by using the Search box, or by selecting the R tab from the List of Lists. Once you see email@example.com, click on it to access the RUG-L IU Mailing List.
- In the left menu, click on the 'Archive' link.
- You will then see a calendar. By selecting a year and month, you will see links to the various messages displayed at the bottom. Click on the subject line of the message you want to read to display the message text.
- The IU Mailing List help page has information about sorting and searching the archive.