Executive Assistant, Center for Research in Extreme Scale Technologies (CREST)
Job Summary: Reporting to the CREST Executive Associate Director. Incumbent will perform the following duties:
Manage the daily administrative and operational activities
- maintain calendar
- coordinate and support meetings, events, and workshops
- determine priorities for meetings
- track deadlines and deliverables
- coordinate and manage travel arrangements, including multi-city and international trips
Organize and manage office communications and correspondence
- serve as primary point of contact
- answer routine and non-routine inquiries
- review incoming email and route for action
- draft and proofread correspondence, letters, agendas, documents, and reports for review
- develop and maintain paper and electronic filing systems, databases, and collaboration tools
Assist with faculty matters
- assist with faculty needs and course requirements
- compile annual faculty reports
- update CV
- track publications, honors, and awards
- manage memberships, committee participation, and journal reviews
Coordinate and conduct special projects
- arrange for special visitors
- coordinate and support workshops
- organize Executive Associate Director's participation at events
- develop and provide documents for meetings and presentations
Other duties as assigned. Incumbent will report to the CREST Directorate and Chief of Staff/Program Manager.
Qualifications: 3-5 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment; excellent oral and written communication skills using tact and diplomacy; strong analytical and planning skills; ability to independently manage competing demands and determine priorities; ability to work under pressure; and maintain a professional demeanor. This position requires individuals to be well organized, proactive, and resourceful. Candidate should be a self-starter who can work in a team or independently. He/she will need to be flexible, have a strong decision-making and problem-solving ability, attention to detail with a high level of accuracy, and experience in arranging foreign and domestic travel. Knowledge of IU travel management services strongly preferred.
To be considered you MUST include a cover letter and resume. Applicant should apply at: https://jobs.iu.edu. Refer to job listing #6994.
Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment institution.