IT Training Classroom Assistant - Hourly
Assist IT Training workshop participants during a variety of instructor-led training workshops on software commonly used at IU. Select qualified candidates may also have opportunities to assist with other duties related to training development, such as creating voice-overs, writing articles for the IT Training blog, proofing training documents, etc.
Position details: This position is typically 10-20 hours/week, and work is usually completed in 4-hour time blocks. Hours are flexible and evening and weekend work may be required. Pay is $8-10 per hour depending on experience. A one-year commitment is requested.
- A professional focus on proactively providing outstanding customer service.
- Prior teaching, training, or computer support experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; must use correct English grammar and have a clear speaking voice.
- Excellent ability to interact effectively and courteously with a wide variety of participants at all levels of technical expertise.
- Solid knowledge of the following Microsoft Office applications required: Word, Excel, and Access.
- Substantial knowledge of any of the following applications and technologies a major plus: Web design applications and languages (Dreamweaver, XHTML and CSS, XML), graphics and desktop publishing applications (Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Flash, or InDesign), audio/video editing (MovieMaker, Premiere and Soundbooth), database applications and languages (SQL), Business Intelligence tools (Dashboard Designer, PowerPivot, and Report Builder), and other technologies like Oncourse, SharePoint, Unix, SPSS, Perl/CGI and Python.
To be considered for this position, please submit cover letter and resume.
Applicant should apply at: https://jobs.iu.edu. Refer to job listing #8367.
Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment institution.