The Indiana University InCNTRE SDN Lab is hiring a student intern to assist in interoperability testing of OpenFlow and SDN (Software Defined Networking) enabled products. OpenFlow is an innovative emerging standard in the networking field that enables advance Internet architecture using SDN. This is an opportunity for students to learn about cutting edge, next-gen network technologies. They will gain hands-on experience building, managing and testing networks with a large variety of networking hardware and software platforms.
The goals of the lab include:
- Provide a neutral facility where OpenFlow and SDN products can be tested in a heterogeneous, multi-vendor environment.
- Developing testing tools, methodologies and procedures that verify the interoperability of Openflow and related SDN implementations.
- Providing input to the standards development body to help improve the interoperability of SDN implementations.
- Providing educational opportunities through student internships and professional training on Networking, Openflow and SDN.
- Assist with design, installation and configuration of testbed networks.
- Assist with development and implementation of network testing tools, methodologies and procedures.
- Assist vendors in testing and troubleshooting product interoperability.
- Write detailed documentation of tests and results.
Current Undergraduate or Graduate students in a computer science, engineering or networking related curriculum. One to two years College or equivalent work experience in the areas of computer or network operations including:
- Knowledge of IP is a must.
- Some systems administration experience with Unix based operating system(s) desired.
- Some programing experience, preferably in Python, C, C++ or Java.
- Additional knowledge of network switching and routing protocols is desired.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Start: January 2013
Duration: 1 yr+
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm (10-20 hrs/wk, 20-20 hrs during summer)
Interested applicants should forward a Resume and Cover Letter of to Ronald Milford email@example.com
Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment institution.