Actions Taken in Response to 2000 Survey
Your responses to the survey are very valuable to UITS. Each year your judgments help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to the 2000 survey include:
- Expanded hours for the UITS Support Center on the Bloomington campus.
- Continued expansion of the modem pool for remote access; yet again fewer busy signals despite increased demand during 2000.
- Residential Technology Centers and Support Services for students living on campus.
- Additional capacity on major research systems. A Sun E10000 shared memory high performance computer was added as a complement to the distributed memory IBM SP System which itself was upgraded in 2000
- Reengineering of the IU-B e-mail system is complete: new hardware has been installed and new Web clients have been fully tested. This system, which will be available for full deployment in the Spring Term, 2001, will handle attachments seamlessly.