Actions Taken in Response to 2001 SurveyYour responses to the survey
are very valuable to UITS. Each year your judgments help guide our plans and
activities. Projects undertaken in response to the 2001 survey include:
Your responses play a large part in helping us provide a modern information
technology environment that meets the needs of our campus community.
- Process improvement for all voice telephone services, on campus, in campus residences, and for long distance services.
- Continued efforts to negotiate beneficial rates for high-speed access for off campus access to IU computing and network resources.
- Continued development of student centered systems like OnCourse and INSITE
- Initial deployment of OneStart portal.
- Continued improvement of Residential Technology Centers and Support Services for students living on campus.
- Additional capacity deployed on major research systems. The IBM SP expanded to a bit more than 1 Teraflop of computing power.
- Full deployment of IU Webmail as replacement for PINE (thus offering seamless access to attachments).