Actions Taken in Response to 2002 Survey
Your responses to the survey are very valuable to UITS. Each year your judgments
help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to the 2002
- Expanded hours for the UITS Support Center (855-6789) to 24 hours per day,
7 days per week.
- Vastly improved (four-fold increase in bandwidth) connections from IUB to
the commodity Internet and essentially unlimited connection speed to the major
research networks (e.g., Abilene/Internet2).
- Improved and expanded instruction and support for faculty who use Oncourse.
- Continued development of the OneStart portal (which will support a "single
login" for all services a customer is authorized to use).
- Realization of partnership with IU Libraries to create an Information Commons
in the Main Library.
- Additional capacity for calculation and for storage deployed on major research
- Continued improvement of the infrastructure and features of IU Webmail and
the Common File System.