Actions Taken in Response to 2002 Survey
Your responses to the survey are very valuable to UITS. Each year your judgments
help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to the 2002
- Licensed more software (Microsoft, Macromedia, Symantec and others) and
made it available to students, faculty and staff.
- Upgraded technology in several classroom and student technology centers.
- Expanded technology training offerings and certification opportunities.
- Added features to Oncourse, the course management system.
- Extended Support Center hours.
- Negotiated additional workstation and new laptop deals for departmental
and personal purchase.
- Created the Digital Media Services unit to help meet university-wide development
- Retired the electronic Bookbag and replaced it with a new easy-to-use Common
File Storage system with a Web interface.
- Developed a secure and user-friendly interface for users to manage accounts
- Upgraded email services.
- Improved online tools for network account administration.
- Upgraded Support Center tools and incident tracking systems for schools
- Increased access to wireless networking.
- Developed Braille, audio tape, and text version of UITS information for
- Extended IT Help Notification services, 24 x 7.
- Extended Data Management Support services university-wide.
- Increased communication and publicity regarding UITS services.
- Released the Central Authentication Service to provide a single sing-on
to many applications in the OneStart portal.