Actions Taken in Response to 2004 Survey
Your responses to the survey are very valuable to UITS. Each year your judgments
help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to the 2004
- Developed Oncourse CL, the next generation online collaboration
and learning environment.
- Improved student WebMail designed to replace Pine e-mail.
- Increased the number of wireless network access locations
- Expanded specialized Apple support and offered technical
courses for school technology staff.
- Created Teaching in Support of Student Success, an online faculty
development series with modules on learning theory, course design,
classroom management, active learning, inclusive teaching, assessment
strategies, and a Teaching Online module.
- Created the ITNow application to enhance user communication by pushing
information directly to the desktop.
- Expanded the Information Commons by creating the IC Loft on the second
floor of University Library.
- Enhanced technology consultant training to improve support to students
as they move into residence halls.