Actions Taken in Response to 2008 Survey
Your responses to the survey are very valuable to UITS. Each year
your judgments help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken
in response to the 2008 survey include:
- Introduced several functional and performance enhancements to Oncourse.
- Introduced an automated tool for the creation of customized training materials.
- Created the Student Technology Center Seatfinder to allow students to locate available seating via their mobile devices.
- Added new employee self service features to university information systems.
- Created the Institute for Digital Arts and Humanities in partnership with others to better support humanities scholars and members of the fine and performing arts communities.
- Deployed a new wireless network, IU Secure, with installation of 3900 access points to provide better coverage, easier use and a foundation for greater capacity.
- Changed Get Connected software to better accommodate wireless network users.
- Implemented a new Human Resource Management System with improved usability.
- Expanded Research Technologies presentation series to better communicate initiatives and opportunities.
- Formed a Student Awareness Group to plan and implement better communications for students.
- Enhanced the level of residential IT support for students living in campus housing.
- Changed the Timekeeping System to improve performance and stability.
- Improved Make IT Happen with a new sponsorship package that engaged more vendors and improved scheduling.
- Installed document cameras in several general purpose classrooms.
- Increased the timely dissemination of news, system notifications, and helpful tips for faculty via a new Oncourse listserv.