Actions Taken in Response to 2009 Survey
Your responses to the survey are very valuable to UITS. Each year
your judgments help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken
in response to the 2009 survey include:
- Upgraded wireless network capacity in heavy usage areas.
- Developed IU Secure Wireless Wizard for Windows 7.
- Conducted Oncourse application and database server tuning, resulting in better response time under high load.
- Created a new robust version of the Printer Finder utility.
- Expanded ITHelpLive chat hours to provide multiple help options (walk-up, phone, email and chat) outside of business hours.
- Renovated several Student Technology Centers to create an enhanced learning environment with group study areas and more flexible seating.
- Formed an IU IT Ambassador Program that encourages IT information sharing among students and UITS staff.
- Launched a successful pilot program with lynda.com that enables all IU students, faculty and staff to access high-quality self-study training at no cost.
- Improved robustness and access speed of archival scientific data storage as part of the high performance data storage system.
- Began offering classroom-based instructor-led Brown Bag sessions, offering short lunch-time training sessions to students, faculty and staff at no charge.
- Established dedicated classroom technology help line.
- Redesigned the Crestron touch panel interface in classrooms to simplify use and enhance reliability.
- Introduced an online tool for looking up IU phone numbers (phonebook.iu.edu).
- Added additional capacity to the phone and video conference bridges to accommodate more participants.
- Expanded the Statewide IT Conference for IT professionals on all campuses and provided more breakout sessions tailored to individual needs and interests.